The village is 5,525 acres and at its center it is 565 meters high.The valley stream is called Cerchov Vesna.The area is below the central Carpathian highlands which is a mountanious region.The soil is brown with vegitation.The village areas are deforested and have birch trees. Similar villages to this one are Orlov.The village was established on the territory of the Estate called Kamenica.It is first mentioned in 1435.In 1787 the village had 81 houses and 548 inhabitants.In 1828 it had 112 houses and 828 inhabitants.The villagers worked in the surrounding woods and also raised livestock.The farm Rol’nici employed part of the village population and villagers also worked in cities such as Lipany and Kosice.
Video by pps slovakia s.r.o with photos by Vladimir Vancik
Video of the Blessing of Easter Baskets
The Dormition of the Virgin Mary Greek Catholic Church, April 4, 2014
The contents of this website may not be reproduced or utilized in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, or by any information, storage or retrieval system, without permission in writingfrom the Carpathian Connection and/or the contributors listed herein.Use of any database contained herein is for personal, non-commercial genealogical research only and may not be compiled, repurposed or otherwise used in a derivative format for commercial sale. Where applicable, databases hosted on this site remain the property of the contributor to be used in accordance with US Copyright Laws and Regulations.